Mobile Communications MSc/Diploma/Certificate
- Delivery: Full Time, Part Time
- Programme type: Taught Programme
- Study location: Edinburgh
- Entry date: September
This is an advanced MSc course in the rapidly expanding area of mobile communications and networks. This course is concerned with the concepts, applications, design, development and deployment of mobile communication systems and networks. Students will develop a detailed knowledge and critical understanding of the core skills in mobile communications and networks and use a significant range of principal and specialist skills, techniques and practices in the domain of mobile communications and networks. The course will provide a stream of graduates of a calibre capable of developing and implementing creative solutions to the problems encountered in mobile communication systems and networks.
This is a hardware-oriented course and is aimed directly at electrical engineering graduates.
- One year (MSc),
- 9 months (Diploma),
- 6 months (Certificate).
Core subject areas
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Design
- Networks and Communications
- Research Methods Critical Analysis and Project Planning
- Principles of Mobile Communications
- RF Mobile Communication Systems
- Project Phase 1
- MSc Project
Optional Subject Areas
- Software Engineering 2
- Network Applications
Preferably, but not exclusively, a First or Second Class Honours Degree in a suitable numerate Science or Engineering subject. Recognised overseas equivalents will apply.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, or your first degree was not taught in English, we’ll need to see evidence of your English language ability. The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. We offer a range of English language courses to help you meet the English language requirement prior to starting your masters programme:
- 14 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with no more than one skill at 4.5);
- 10 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with minimum of 5.0 in all skills);
- 6 weeks English (for IELTS 5.5 with minimum of 5.5 in reading & writing and minimum of 5.0 in speaking & listening)
|Scotland / Non-UK EU||£5100|
* If you are unsure which category you fall in to, you should complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess your fees.
Scholarships & bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.