Financial Management MSc
- Programme type: Taught Programme
- Study location: Edinburgh
The MSc in Financial Management is targeted at finance professionals and other professionals who want to develop a career in finance, and who require a wide-ranging understanding of financial techniques and their application – but do not require high-level mathematical understanding of finance theories.
The MSc offers specialist study in the areas of corporate finance, investments and risk management. It will give students a relevant practical knowledge of finance that can be put into use straight away. Careers in finance depend upon a strong understanding of the foundations of finance, investment behaviour and the dynamic nature of finance, and the MSc will provide a strong preparation for a career in a wide variety of positions within the finance profession.
You can study this MSc by distance learning, with an Approved Learning Partner, or, for certain courses, on campus in Edinburgh on a 4-day immersion seminar to reinforce your self-study.
Passes are required in five core and four elective courses.
Entry normally requires a relevant undergraduate degree; or passes in Finance and two other core courses.
Fees for this programme can be found on the EBS website.
Scholarships & bursaries
- African Scholarship Programme(EBS)
Applicants from all over sub-Saharan Africa. Further information and application form from the Canon Collins Trust
- Alumni Scholarship Scheme
- Carnegie-Cameron Taught Postgraduate Bursaries
Applicants must be Scottish by birth, have at least one parent born in Scotland or have been continuously resident in Scotland for a period of three years for the purpose of secondary or tertiary education.
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
International (Commonwealth citizens)
- Department for International Development (DFID) Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- East Lothian Educational Trust
Applicants must be a resident of the old county of East Lothian (ie excluding Musselburgh, Wallyford and Whitecraig.)
- Edinburgh Business School Scholarship for On-Campus Programmes(EBS)
Awarded on the basis of prior academic achievement, financial hardship and the use to which the qualification will be put.
- Funds For Women Graduates (FFWG) grants
Women studying or researching for a postgraduate or PhD
- GoEuro Scholarship Programme
Enrolled students in any academic year
- Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust
Restricted to residents of the UK who are a son, daughter, spouse, widow or widower of a commercial traveller, chemist or grocer.
- Local Education Authority Awards
- Music Scholarships
- Part-time Fee Grant (SAAS)
See SAAS residence conditions.
- Postgraduate Student Allowance Scheme (SAAS)
EU and UK applicants who meet the SAAS criteria on eligible courses
- Rapid Formations Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme
All students except exchange program students
- Remission of Fees (families of staff)
Spouses/civil partners and children of members of staff, also retired members of staff of the University
- Royal Caledonian Schools Trust
Applicants must be of Scots parentage (conditions apply - see below)
- Scotland's Saltire Scholarships
Citizens of Canada, the People's Republic of China, India or USA (2 awards for each country)
- Sports Scholarships
- Staff Scholarships
Employees of Heriot-Watt University
- The Consumer Affairs UK Scholarship Programme
All currently enrolled students
- The Muirhead Trust
Scottish, female applicants for science and engineering courses
- West Lothian Educational Trust
Individuals must have originated in West Lothian or have lived there for the last 3 years.