Financial Management MSc
- Programme type: Taught Programme
- Study location: Edinburgh
The MSc in Financial Management is targeted at finance professionals and other professionals who want to develop a career in finance, and who require a wide-ranging understanding of financial techniques and their application – but do not require high-level mathematical understanding of finance theories.
The MSc offers specialist study in the areas of corporate finance, investments and risk management. It will give students a relevant practical knowledge of finance that can be put into use straight away. Careers in finance depend upon a strong understanding of the foundations of finance, investment behaviour and the dynamic nature of finance, and the MSc will provide a strong preparation for a career in a wide variety of positions within the finance profession.
You can study this MSc by distance learning, with an Approved Learning Partner, or, for certain courses, on campus in Edinburgh on a 4-day immersion seminar to reinforce your self-study.
Passes are required in five core and four elective courses.
Entry normally requires a relevant undergraduate degree; or passes in Finance and two other core courses.
Fees for this programme can be found on the EBS website.
Scholarships & bursaries
- African Scholarship Programme (EBS)
Applicants from all over sub-Saharan Africa. Further information and application form from the Canon Collins Trust
- Alumni Scholarship Scheme
- Carnegie-Cameron Taught Postgraduate Bursaries
Applicants must be Scottish by birth, have at least one parent born in Scotland or have been continuously resident in Scotland for a period of three years for the purpose of secondary or tertiary education.
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
International (Commonwealth citizens)
- Department for International Development (DFID) Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- East Lothian Educational Trust
Applicants must be a resident of the old county of East Lothian (ie excluding Musselburgh, Wallyford and Whitecraig.)
- Edinburgh Business School Scholarship for On-Campus Programmes (EBS)
Awarded on the basis of prior academic achievement, financial hardship and the use to which the qualification will be put.
- Funds For Women Graduates (FFWG) grants
Women studying or researching for a postgraduate or PhD
- Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust
Restricted to residents of the UK who are a son, daughter, spouse, widow or widower of a commercial traveller, chemist or grocer.
- Local Education Authority Awards
- Money for Books Scholarship
Home students only
- Music Scholarships
- Part-time Fee Grant (SAAS)
See SAAS residence conditions.
- Postgraduate Student Allowance Scheme (SAAS)
EU and UK applicants who meet the SAAS criteria on eligible courses
- Rapid Formations Entrepreneur Scholarship Programme
All students except exchange program students
- Remission of Fees (families of staff)
Spouses/civil partners and children of members of staff, also retired members of staff of the University
- Royal Caledonian Schools Trust
Applicants must be of Scots parentage (conditions apply - see below)
- Scotland's Saltire Scholarships
Citizens of Canada, the People's Republic of China, India or USA (2 awards for each country)
- Sports Scholarships
- Staff Scholarships
Employees of Heriot-Watt University
- The Muirhead Trust
Scottish, female applicants for science and engineering courses
- The Sutherland Page Trust
Only students who were born in Scotland, or who have at least one parent born in Scotland, or, who were resident in Scotland for at least three continuous years prior to entry to a Scottish University need apply.
- West Lothian Educational Trust
Individuals must have originated in West Lothian or have lived there for the last 3 years.
- Xero Entrepreneur Scholarship
Students studying for a business-related degree