Embedded Systems MSc/Diploma
- Delivery: Full Time
- Programme type: Taught Programme
- Study location: Edinburgh
- Entry date: September
The aim of this advanced course is to provide a natural follow-up to typical undergraduate courses in electrical and electronic engineering, concentrating on the commercially important and rapidly expanding area of embedded digital systems for communication and control. It offers a range of options of immediate relevance to industry at large, and is excellent preparation for those wishing to engage in research. The topics covered include embedded system design, software engineering, data communications, signal and image processing and embedded control systems. The course concludes with a major project and dissertation.
One year (MSc), 9 months (Diploma).
- Embedded Systems
- Digital Design
- Research Methods Critical Analysis and Project Planning
- Embedded Systems Design Project
- Project Phase 1
- Embedded Software
- MSc Project
- Software Engineering 1
- Digital Signal Processing
- Software Engineering 2
- Image Processing
- Advanced Digital Electronics
A First or Second Class Honours Degree from a British or overseas university in an electrical/electronic engineering discipline or equivalent overseas qualifications.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, or your first degree was not taught in English, we’ll need to see evidence of your English language ability. The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. We offer a range of English language courses to help you meet the English language requirement prior to starting your masters programme:
- 14 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with no more than one skill at 4.5);
- 10 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with minimum of 5.0 in all skills);
- 6 weeks English (for IELTS 5.5 with minimum of 5.5 in reading & writing and minimum of 5.0 in speaking & listening)
|Scotland / Non-UK EU||£5100|
* If you are unsure which category you fall in to, you should complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess your fees.
Scholarships & bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.